Sunday, November 29, 2009

Is Windows 2000 on a laptop especially susceptible to viruses?

Someone told me this was the case, and since I am considering purchasing a laptop in the near future, I wondered if anyone out there has any personal experiences good or bad to enlighten me.



Is Windows 2000 on a laptop especially susceptible to viruses?windows defender



It's only susceptible to viruses if you don't have anti-virus, firewall, anti-spyware, software protection and you don't use the Microsoft updates to make sure its up to date on its windows vuernuabilties.



I've used Windows 2000 on my 400mhz Compaq laptop with proper anti-virus, firewall, anti-spyware, software protection and updates and had no problem. Of course the 400mhz is not fast but runs great for what I need it to do.



Don't let that old machine ROT!!! mod it into something useful!



Is Windows 2000 on a laptop especially susceptible to viruses?windows updates internet explorer



Unfortunately all Windows systems are especially susceptible to viruses. Because Windows is the most used operating system the people with time on their hands to develop the viruses target the Windows operating system so that the most damage is done. Get an anti-virus program and a firewall and good luck.
I don know 'bout Windows......but XP is the best
not really. All computers, technically is susceptible to viruses just make sure that you have an anti-virus installed in your laptop
Errr laptops suck... and yeah you would probably be more suseptable (or however its spelt) to viruses... Cuz lotsa people use that but with a laptop... dunno most people target pcs depends what you use it for... cuz they know.
I couldnt tell you for sure cause I dont have personal experience with that but I think that you should go with xp because they allways have these security updates to fix holes in windows and I am not sure if windows 2000 has that.
Whether it's on a laptop or desktop doesn't matter. Why not just go with XP Professional? They're all susceptible to viruses in some form or another. The biggest factor is your protection and usage. Good Anti Virus, Good Firewall and smart operator will keep you out of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security