Sunday, November 29, 2009

Installing Windows 2000...shell32 error?

My dad bought a new computer, and would like some of his files off of the old one. He was running Win98, so I am trying to upgrade to Win2000 so I can plug in my external hard drive.



I went through the entire process, and it gets to one of the very last setup screens, and it comes up with shell32 can not be found, code 2. Then it goes to a screen that tells more info, which makes no sense to me.



Can I either cancel the download process (I can not get back to Win98 at all, it automatically goes to the Win2000 set up or download something on this computer and get it to the other one?



If these werent his wedding pictures, I really would not care this much...



Thanks!



Installing Windows 2000...shell32 error?windows vista ultimate



Sounds to me as though the installation disc is corrupt.



Now I really shouldnt do this go to the link below,trust me it works, my copy became damaged and it got me out of a hole.



http://www.mininova.org/tor/835387



I know I am going to get a load of thumbs down but I am trying to help you , make bootable image of the ISO file using Nero 7 lite.



I must state under normal cicumstances I do not support piracy, however seeing as Microsoft no longer offer support and you dont need to activate, things should be OK.



Hope you manage to get the Wedding pictures back.



Installing Windows 2000...shell32 error?default browser internet explorer



Hi, you may have a problem upgrading can delete you old files, however try to cancel the process and if you can still use the windows 98 and your pictures are still there then you shoould be able to use the external hardrive as long as you have windows 98 se which supports USB. If not then you could re-try installing win 2000 but im not sure if you upgrade wheter files get deleted or not as i alwaysdo a clean install.



Sorry couldnt be more help



Mark
You should have left it on 98, you could have transferred from there using a network card. You no longer have a complete 98 system so going back is not an option. I recommend you stop right now, remove the drive and fit it into another machine as a slave drive (set the jumper on the back for this) and see if you can still read the drive. If you can then copy the files over via network. I hope the copy of 2000 you have is actually an upgrade version, otherwise it may have overwritten the 98 install completely, leaving you nothing original.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security