Sunday, November 29, 2009

I have two OS(windows XP and 2000)on my PC.How should I remove Windows 2000 without affecting the ot

one you could just go and straight ahed delete the windows 2000 's folder, and probably the program files folder, when you are logged into xp and make your xp as the default choice for bootiong into.



do delete the proper folder.do not delete xp's contents...delete windows 2000 contents.



to make default choice....



my computer -%26gt; rt click -%26gt; properties -%26gt; advanced tab-%26gt; startup and recovery -%26gt; in default Operating system, select windows xp ..... and set the select time as say 5 sec.



I have two OS(windows XP and 2000)on my PC.How should I remove Windows 2000 without affecting the other ?microsoft office 2007



change c:\boot.ini file



then delete win2000



I have two OS(windows XP and 2000)on my PC.How should I remove Windows 2000 without affecting the other ?windows media internet explorer



i had The same thing and i try ed removing it but it affected the other



so the best thing to do is take it to a computer engineer



PS your avatar is cool
There is no such reason for uninstalling Windows 2000 since I feel that Windows 2000 is no less than XP. However, to uninstall Windows 2000, you have to first uninstall Windows XP through Windows 2000. Then reinslall XP, this time using the upgrade option. I would suggest you to consult a mechanic as your every step can be fatal in this case.
When you installed the second OS (doesn't matter which one) did you do it on another partition ( C: = WinXP D: = Win2000)? If that is the case you will want to make your default boot to winxp and reformat the drive that has windows 2000 on it. It is very simple. I have done it many times.



WORD of CAUTION!!!



there is a possibility that you may delete files needed for some installed apps. I would do a complete backup before doing anything.



Hope this helps....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security